How do you find a business that is right for you and has a great probability of success? There are two steps that you should take
1. Pick something that interests you. Better yet, pick something that you are passionate about. If you are not interested or you don’t like it, the work rapidly becomes drudgery and you will likely quit after having invested a lot time and money.
2. Find out if there is a market for you business. This is important because if there isn’t a market, you could spend months developing your product and if only a couple of people care about it, and no one else is interested, you just wasted a lot of time, money, and potential income.
How do you find out if there is a market for what you want to do?
3. Do a search on Overture and enter one or more words that describe your business. The suggestion tool tells you how many people have searched for your term in the past month. Multiply that number by five to figure the approximate number of searches in the past year. This will tell you how many people are searching for your product or services.
4. Look at the top 20 returns for your product on the search engines (Google, Yahoo, and MSN) to see what competition you have. Review your competitors’ sites to see what they are doing well and to see what they are doing poorly. You may be able to see at what price they are selling a product or service similar to yours.
5. Look at the ads presented by the search engines. They are usually located above the search results and to the right of the search results. If there are a lot of ads for your search terms, then there is probably a market for your product or service.
6. If you have found that there is a lot of activity, go here and enter your search terms to see how much people are paying Yahoo to advertise your keywords using Pay Per Click. To use PPC you bid for placement on the Yahoo search engine pages. The higher you bid, the higher your placement. If your competitors are bidding $1.50 or more it is a good indicator that there is a real market.
If there is little activity, then you probably won’t do well and should look for something else or reframe your product or service.
If there appears to be a lot of activity for your product or service, then go for it!
Business Opportunity – How To Find A Real Online Job
Finding a good business opportunity online can be tricky, especially today when Internet is overloaded with all sorts of information about earning money from your home. All this information can be confusing sometimes and it may seem impossible to find a good, honest job you can do from your home.
There are many people worldwide in need of web designers, programmers, graphic designers, writers, experts in marketing and SEO, etc. If you possess the necessary skills, there is an excellent business opportunity for you – to become a freelancer.
You may probably wander how much this business opportunity costs. The answer is nothing. There is no cost to become a freelancer. You only have to possess some of the mentioned skills and be willing to do jobs for others.
This business opportunity is ideal for all sorts of professionals, experts without a job, students, skilled individuals looking to earn some money and even some IT companies that look for a way to expand their business.
The next question regarding this business opportunity is how to find people in need of your services? One way is to advertise your services to others on your website. The other way is to join sites intended for connecting freelancers and their service buyers. There are new jobs constantly on these sites and you only have to select projects you are interested in doing and bid for them.
Build up a reputation
Getting a freelance job on these sites is like winning an auction. Service buyers post their projects and then interested freelancers make their offers. Service buyers select freelancers to complete projects based on the offered price and time period necessary for project completion. Every time a freelancer completes some project, he/she receives a feedback from service buyer. The feedback serves as a reputation of a freelancer. As freelancers complete more and more projects, they build up their reputation. Many service buyers also consider reputation when they choose their freelancers.
The key to success in this business opportunity (getting more jobs) is to offer your services for a lower cost until you gain feedback and to offer examples of your previous work. This should increase your chances to be selected as a freelance service provider.
A lot of money can be made with this business opportunity and that mostly depends on the type of project you must complete, time necessary for the completion of the project and the level of expertise needed. Usually projects that pay the most involve Java, ASP, PHP programming, flash, SEO, marketing and web design. There are some jobs that pay over $5000.