Tiny crimson bursts of sweet and tart lusciousness, pomegranate seeds boast substantial health benefits.
Research shows they can help prevent and treat risk factors for various diseases such as hypertension, high cholesterol, oxidative stress, hyperglycemia and inflammation – and even certain forms of cancer.
>> Visit my Facebook Page <<
But none of this should come as a surprise since pomegranates are among the top 10 Biblical foods for healing body and mind. They’re bursting with fibre, Vitamin C, Vitamin K and potassium, and the juice has been shown to have three times the antioxidant activity of red wine and green tea! Interestingly, pomegranates are also one of the top 10 aphrodisiac foods.
Hailed as “nature’s power fruit”, pomegranate seed oil comes from the seed of the fruit of the Punica granatum, a deciduous shrub growing five to eight metres in height. Inside the pomegranate are various sections, separated by a white fleshy layer. Each of these is filled with small sacs of juicy pulp, with each sac containing a single seed, from which the oil is produced.
The seeds are compressed and the oil extracted with a press of some kind. Although applying heat will generate more oil, cold pressing (using little to no heat) produces a higher quality of oil, and helps to preserve the remarkable benefits.
Pomegranate seed oil comprises about 80 per cent of a unique omega-5 fatty acid known as punicic acid, which has been shown to fight breast cancer. According to studies, men who consumed pomegranate juice or oil “had an increase in their prostate-specific antigen (PSA) doubling time, leading to its use in the fight against prostate cancer.” It is also proven to help combat type-2 diabetes and heart disease, and may help prevent osteoarthritis by retarding deterioration of the joints.
Menopause without Medicine – CLICK HERE
However, pomegranate oil is undoubtedly most lauded in the realm of skin and hair care. Studies have demonstrated that it penetrates deeply, supplying long-lasting moisture.
- Stimulates collagen and elastin production keeping skin ageing at bay. Promotes the creation of keratinocytes, the large cells in the outer layers of the skin. When renewed, thicker, younger and healthier skin is revealed.
- Potent source of antioxidants, combatting oxidation of skin tissue and free radicals that damage healthy cells.
- High concentration of ellagic acid, a polyphenolic compound found inred raspberries and other fruits that prevents skin cancer and wrinkles. A study concluded that pomegranate seed oil significantly reduced the incidence of skin cancer in mice exposed to carcinogenic chemicals. Ellagic acid also lightens and brightens the skin.
- Punicic acid reduces skin inflammation and helps with skin repair. Also prevents moisture loss, protects against sun damage and wards off free radicals. Pomegranate seed oil is almost 70 per cent punicic acid and the other fatty acids contained are palmitic acid (4.8%), stearic acid (2.3%), oleic acid (6.3%), and linoleic acid (6.6%).
- Suitable for all skin types; controls acne and reduces scarring. Absorbs deeply without a greasy residue. Does not clog pores.
- Soothes eczema, sunburn and psoriasis. Anti-inflammatory; relieves irritation and redness. Anti-microbial and wound healing properties. Excellent massage Oil.
- Contains a human compatible form of pro-estrogen that improves men and women’s skin texture by supporting hormonal balance.
- Renowned for restoring hair health, pomegranate oil offers amazing benefits and is ideal for all hair types.
- Revitalizes dull and dry hair and protects from environmental pollution.
- Stimulates blood circulation scalp and strengthens blood vessels, promoting hair growth.
- Cleanses scalp debris and build-up caused by dandruff and flaky skin, which damage hair and stunt growth.
- Soothes and fights scalp bacteria: helps cure scalp psoriasis and eczema. Alleviates redness, inflammation and itchiness associated with these conditions.
- Nourishes Hair: stimulates blood flow to roots, providing the necessary nourishment to accelerate hair growth.
- Hair growth: rich in vitamin C, it strengthens the connective tissue within the hair follicles, stimulating growth.
- Effective hair tonic when mixed with a carrieroil such as castor oil, coconut oil, almond oil.
- Balances scalp’s pH level: neutralises the effect of excessive oil production.
- Hot Oil Treatment: detangles hair and moisturises scalp. Penetrates hair shaft and cures each strand from within, restoring hair’s natural beauty. The scalp absorbs the oil up to seven layers deep.
AT A GLANCE
- High blood pressure
- Cholesterol & heart health
- Breast & prostate cancer treatment
- Hormone regulator
- Libido boost
- Skin regenerator
- Hair revitalizer
>> Visit my Facebook Page <<